Time and Motion in Scale Format

Just doing things my way.

Wednesday 13 October 2010

S.V.R visit 25 September 2010

The S.V.R or Severn Valley Railway to give it its correct title,is a railway organisation that runs a series of steam and diesel events throughout the year.Amongst these events are weekends that cover both a Saturday running through the night untill Sunday afternoon.

My starting place was Kidderminster for the event.Leaving from my abode in Birmingham with my good freind Neil Allison around 10am on the Saturday,we arrived at Kidderminster around 10.30.The station was awash with mamny many people armed with cameras etc.We duly purchased our tickets at a good price of £21.50,which covered the whole 24 hour period.The tickets also enabled us to jump on and off at any stop along the line.Bargain i thought.

During the day my thoughts turned to model making.I have never made a model train.And i am told that passenger locos are somewhat rare and expensive.? To be honest i am a bit in the dark as to the facts and i bow to your greater knowledge if you are reading this article.That said i will be doing some research into this and at some point make a loco.

Ok on with the show and enough of my waffling.All i have to say in my closing comments are please make the effort to go.It is very worthwhile and a great day.Let the images do the talking.

Prairie Tanker
Prairie in colour
The Leander "A beutifull work of art"
I decided to be arty here,changing the image to a water colour.
Make this in 1/48th lol.
The cab of the "Manston"

Leander around 9pm at Bewdley,whilst freezing my but off.

No comments:

Post a Comment